Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Second day in Chattanooga

Today was my second day here in Chattanooga, Tn, and would you know it, it snowed here today.  Not a lot like it would do in Michigan, but it snowed.  I think it followed me here.  Yesterday I took a liquid load to Hostess in Columbus, Ga and got back to the hotel around 10pm.  Today I rode along with a driver and did a flour load to Little Debbie just outside of town, got back to the room around 3pm.  I called in and I have to be at the yard at 4am to do a sugar load with a different driver.  This is what I need to learn as sugar unloads differently than flour and sugar is what I am going to be hauling out of Savannah.  But, I guess I need to know to unload it all since I may have to pick up a flour load as a back haul from somewhere and no telling where I will wind up.  I hope they give me my truck soon so I can put my stuff into it.  I have a bunch of stuff to take me through until April.  It looks like a lot, but it's just strewn out a little.  I need to repack it. 

Jimmy was accepted into the Disney internship program and I'm excited for him.  I sure hope Paula gets accepted too.  I don't want anything to happen to his relationship with her during the time he is away.  I know this is what he wants too. 

I think Bruce is enjoying his time at home without me right now.  I miss him, but we have went into this think knowing what is real so I am not afraid in the least that he won't want me to come home, or that I won't want to come home.  It's just a job, and it will be over in the spring and we will be back to normal.  I sure hope this winter goes by quickly.  But, I miss him already, and my dogs, and my cats, and my mom and Nony. 

I haven't gotten to start on my colored pencil class project yet, but plan on working on it a little while this evening after I get done here.  I wish I would've made notes and taken pictures when I did the original... what a dummy!  Will I ever learn???  Anyway... this time I will have notes and pictures.. and I hope I can get all this done before next summer so I can teach it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment